Compile meida files into a separate assembly
1. Setup a WPF User Control Library project in VS2008, and remove the user control files.
2. Create a folder of “Resources”, underneath create folders of Images, Videos, Audios, and the like.
3. Stuff each subfolder with the corresponding media files. Make sure the Build Action of any of them is “Resource”.
4. Build the whole project, then you can the assembly containing the binary resources.
To access these binary resources,
1. Add the reference to the assembly into your project.
2. Reach the concrete resource by the URI of, for example, “/ResourceAssemblyName;component/Resources/Images/TheImage.png”. The URI of this formate can be consumed either in XAML or in procedural code.